The first step you can take to become a nurse in Australia is to register with Australian Nursing Agency (ANA). Now that we can get to know you and get an insight into your qualifications, we can help you navigate your way through the rest of the application process.
Register with ANA
To start your registration with ANA click here.
But before you do, it’s good to know exactly what details you will need to submit. Please note that only degree-qualified nurses are eligible to join ANA.
During registration, you must provide:
- The qualification name or degree type
- The country where you obtained this qualification
- The type of visa you have (or will be applying for)
Once we have processed your application, we may also request the following:
- A copy of your CV
- A current Police Check and/or Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- At least two professional references
Register with AHPRA
To work as an overseas nurse in Australia, you must successfully register with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulatory Agency (AHPRA).
APHRA was set up to govern and improve the standard of health facilities and practices across Australia.
ANA can help you through the AHPRA registration process. For more information about AHPRA and registering with them, read our blog post.
After completing your registration, a staff member from ANA will be in touch with you to see if you meet all the criteria and are eligible to move on to the interview stage.
If you meet our criteria upon registration, the next step will be to participate in an interview with a member of our staff. The interview normally takes place online or by phone, or it can be conducted once you arrive in Australia.
You will have to provide the following at your interview:
- Your nursing registration certificate with AHPRA (if you already have it)
- Proof of your identity
- Your original qualification
- Proof of any post graduate qualifications
- Evidence of years of service post graduate
- Information on your superannuation fund
- Your tax file number (if you have one)
- Your bank details
- Your immunisation record
- Evidence of having completed mandatory training
Start nursing in Australia today!
As soon as your ANA registration has been successfully approved, it’s time to start planning your journey to Australia!
ANA is with you every step of the way, assisting you when it comes to:
- Tax and bank details
- Ongoing professional development
- And of course, finding work!
Through our online portal, you’re able to add and amend your availability so you can start getting shifts as soon as you like.
Enjoy the benefits of nursing in Australia and start the registration process today!